wanted! extraordinary Early childhood educators
Are you a passionate, flexible and inspirational educator, who can deliver an inquiry-based, holistic program to pre-school children in an international environment?
We are in search of an outstanding teachers, motivators and communicators, with excellent interpersonal skills to partner with a small group of children to provide a challenging, stimulating and a well-organized daily learning environment.
You love your profession and consistently demonstrate high quality teaching and learning partnering with children to explore and enjoy learning, while making effective use of resources and developing the children's love for discovery.
As an early childhood educator you drive our kindergarten forward. You are the children's daily partner who through your talents, creativity and playfulness, care and nurture children to become fearless individuals, curious explorers, extraordinary thinkers who enjoy their everyday as they discover the world and how it works. You also contribute to the overall goal of our organization and have a passion for children and the opportunity to affect their early education to become forward thinking, creative, multilingual, strong inquiring children.
Reporting to the Director, you can expect creative freedom to carry out the Finnish ECEC National Curriculum collaborating with other educators and the Scandihub team. Our educators should be ready to present our philosophy and partner with parents and other stakeholders to represent our kindergarten at all stages of engagement.
Develop, plan and deliver play based, fun activities every week incorporating creativity, themes and seasons
Adhere to the Finnish National Curriculum Guidelines in daily interactions with children
Create individual Early Childhood Education and Care Plans for each child in partnership with parents
Keep a portfolio of work for each child in the group and produce regular updates for parents
Develop partnerships with children’s parents and communicate about each child on a regular and confidential basis
Create partnerships with colleges and meet on a regular basis to improve the quality of the kindergarten and own teaching
Attend and actively participate in open house and marketing events for the kindergarten
Actively seek partnerships with educational entities in Finland
Other responsibilities as they arise
What we’d like to see:
- A degree of Bachelor/MS of early education in a Finnish/International University or similar
- 2-3 years of experience teaching in Finnish and/or international kindergarten working with children from 1.5 to 6 years old
- Thorough understanding of the Finnish National Early Childhood Education and Care Curriculum Guidelines
- Fluent in English and another language. Ability to communicate in Japanese is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of children’s literature, creative arts, diverse teaching methods, design thinking and life long learning
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter who loves to work with children
- Be dedicated, energetic, creative and have a passion for teaching children and promoting the love for life long learning
• Insatiably curious lifelong learners with a strong background teaching at a pre-school or kindergarten or similar
• Ability to build relationships and understand diverse family needs
• Ability to nurture whole child early childhood skills in children
• Strong interest in art, using multi sensory aids and possess training in music and creativity
• Ability to plan and execute personal curriculums based on Finnish curriculum guidelines and children's individual learning plans
• Strong communication skills being able to clearly and concisely express ideas, build networks and create communications
• Strong interest in Japan and in promoting Finnish/Scandinavian/International education, culture, innovation through diverse channels
• Strong interest in positive and creative thinking, innovation and future learning
• Ability to carry out creativity workshops in different languages for different age groups including children and adults
• Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization
We strongly support a unique and diverse workforce. Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org